Friday, January 13, 2006

Another survey, in the form of a meal?

From Jen's blog, a quiz about "what kind of blogger are you?" led me to this site . . . those quizzes are really off-base. Anyway:


Appetizer: Have you ever seen a ghost or an angel?

If they're out there, I've experienced them. Let me explain: in my old 2nd floor apartment in the duplex on Trouble Street, I was up really late one night - around 2 AM - reading the newspaper at the kitchen table. It was VERY quiet - the girls were asleep, the guy downstairs was not home, and I was getting kind of sleepy. One of the drawers in the kitchen was warped in some way, and would not stay half-way open - and would not roll shut if it was all the way open - you had to push it shut. Anyway, this night it was all the way open - I don't remember why, I was probably eating ice cream or something. What the heck else was I doing up at 2 AM? Anyway, silence, just me and the sound of me turning the page of the newspaper. Suddenly, the open drawer IN BACK OF ME closed. My eyes widened, and I slowly turned my head around to see what was going on: nothing. The drawer in fact was shut, and I had not done it. I looked around the room, seeing that everything looked normal. I did get a strong sense of, I should leave this room and go to bed. Which I did.
That qualifies, right? Did I mention that the kitchen window looked out on the backyard, which butted up against a cemetery?


Soup: What is your favorite board game?

Hmmm... I used to play lots of board games with my kids - the usual: Candyland, Chutes and Ladders. There was some crazy rather pointless game called "The Littlest Pet Shop" which S LOVED because there were little plastic dogs and cats, which she played with even without the game. M's favorite when she was little was "Mall Madness," which was quite elaborate, with a box in the middle that spoke various phrases, sometimes with a strange impediment: "The CHICHEN store!" "Whoa - Long line! Try again later!" "YOUR item costs FIVE DOLLARS MORE!" It was a painn to set up, but it was fun.
M got "Apples to Apples" for Christmas, and the whole family played for about four hours one night. It was rather hilarious at times - I highly recommend it.


Salad: What was the last movie you saw that made you cry?

I don't remember. Really. Maybe it was "Spiderman" - at the end, when Peter tells MJ that he only likes her as a friend. Maybe it was "It's a Wonderful Life", except I didn't see that this year; I do get tears in my eyes at the end of it. I will have to think about this and edit later.


Main Course: What would you do if you had 3 months off from your job?

Sew. Knit. Go to Texas and wander around: El Paso, Midland, Lubbock, Marfa, Austin, San Antonio, Sonora, Dallas, Houston, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Amarillo, Killeen. And everywhere in between. Take pictures and paint pictures of the mountains.


Dessert: What kind of shoes are you wearing today? Slippers. I had today off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home