Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"Useless Tidbits"

I stole this from Sue.

She says: "Please feel free to steal it from me for your blog!" so I did. I felt like writing something but didn't know where to start.

1. First Name? Tricia
2. Were you named after anyone? There are lots of Patricks and Patricias in my family, and my godmother was named Patricia, so: yes. I'm the only "Tricia," though. Please don't call me Patty.
3. Do you wish on stars? Every chance I get.
4. When did you last cry? I think it was a few weeks ago, when I was listening to NPR, and there was a story about the mothers of soliders who had died. I just don't know how they carry on.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes, when I try.
6. Any bad habits? Oh my goodness. My cop-out: too many to mention here! Or: I like to focus on what I do right, not what I do wrong. ( :
7. What is your most embarrassing CD on the shelf? Rod Stewart - but that doesn't really count because I didn't buy it and I never listen to it. Barbra Streisand - "My Name is Barbra." It's a tad self-conscious or self-involved or something - I don't know. I bought it last year, to play a particular song for my husband on our anniversary - "Why Did I Choose You?" I wrote the words to the song in a card, and when he opened it, the music starting playing, and Barbra and I starting singing! It was very romantic.
8. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Mostly. I am an interesting friend, but not very reliable. If I could get past that, then yes.
9. Are you a daredevil? In a way, but not in a way that anyone else would recognize.
10. Do looks matter? No. I mean, sometimes they do, but they shouldn't.
11. Where is your second home? When we were driving through west Texas last year, I got the strangest sensation that I belonged there. Maybe I lived there in a previous life. I had not really ever thought about having a previous life until I saw Texas.
12. Do you trust others easily? I used to trust everyone blithely; now I TRUST NO ONE.
13. What was your favorite toy as a child? I had a second-hand bike that was blue and had a button like a doorbell that rang out kind of like a doorbell, too. Even though it was kind of shabby and dented, I loved that bike, and I felt so free when I rode it.
14. What class in school do you think is totally useless? I took Shorthand, and the only time I ever saw any one use it was in old movies, and I'm pretty sure that was fake.
15. Do you have a journal? Does a blog count?
16. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No, and speaking the blunt truth is a very effective comedic tool - try it sometime.
17. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? No, but there are worse places that I have been in!
18. What are your nicknames? Trish, Novia, Trish-the-Dish, Momula, Mothra, Trixie
19. Would you bungee jump? No.
20. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, and I always regret it the next day.
21. Do you think that you are strong willed? "The Iron Fist in the Velvet Glove."
22. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate with chocolate chips and nuts.
23. Shoe Size? 9
24. What are your favorite colors? I like all colors equally, except orange! and lime green! I dislike them equally!
25. What is your least favorite thing? Stupidity (not ignorance)
26. How many wisdom teeth do you have? None
27. How many people have a crush on you right now? oh, ten or twelve, I'm sure.
28. What do you miss most right now? Melanie, who's coming home for Thanksgiving! Yay!
29. What color pants are you wearing? Black
30. What are you listening to right now? The sounds of an office - people talking on phones, laughter, somebody wheeling something by.
31. Last thing you ate? A bowl of Corn Pops and a cup of hazelnut coffee (breakfast of champions).
32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Purple
33. What is the weather like right now? 43 degrees - cold, windy, rainy.
34. Last person you talked to on the phone? Husband. He called me to tell me that he took a nap and had a nice dream about me.
35. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? His aura.
36. How are you today? Medium
37. Favorite drink? diet vanilla Coke
38. Favorite alcoholic drink? white zinfandel
39. Favorite Sport? Boston Red Sox baseball
40. Hair color? reddish brown
41. Eye color? greenish brown
42. Do you wear contacts? No, I buy reading glasses at Stop & Shop. I think I'm on 2X right now.
43. Siblings? Twisted Sisters! - 2 of them - one older, one younger. I used to be the crazy one, but now I think it's a toss up between the two of them.
44. Favorite month? October. May is nice, too.
45. Favorite food? Medium rare filet mignon
46. Last movie you watched? "It Happened One Night" Clark Gable & Claudette Colbert
47. Summer or winter? Neither
48. Hugs or kisses? Both
49. Living Arrangements? Husband, me, S, M when she's not at college, and Rudy, an ancient dog. Plus the ghosts of Bev & Bud, who lived in the house first.
50. What book/magazine are you reading? American Patchwork & Quilting, Nov. 2005
51. What's on your mouse pad? "Kingswood-Oxford School / Vincit qui se vincit"
52. Last thing you watched on TV? "Medium" in 3D, except I forgot to buy TV Guide so that I could watch it in 3D. I was bumming, and when I asked J to go to the store and buy 3 copies so that we could all watch, he said no. Go figure. It was still pretty good. Intriguing that it's supposedly based on a real person who has these strange powers! I like to pretend that I do, too. I think pretending is half the battle!

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Tricia, thanks for sharing that list. Lots of interesting stuff there.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home